Apple iOS 16 is now out for the people all around the world today. It will be out in a few hours and the rollout will start at 10pm on September 12.
These include iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone SE (2nd generation or later). The new iPhone 14 series- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max come with iOS 16 out-of-the-box.
Apple on June 6 officially announced its upcoming operating system, which they claim to be bigger and faster than any other OS. After the success of the iOS 15, Apple added plenty of new features in its iOS 16.
Also, at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, it has been announced that iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 will be Apple’s next-generation OS for iPhone and iPad.
In this article, we will uncover everything you should know about iOS 16 and how it’s getting on to influence your iPhone experience.
We would also reveal the beta release schedule, list of Beta supported devices, design changes, the release schedule of iOS 16, and the way to install the late version of the iOS.
iOS 16 Release Date
iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 is now available for all the registered partners of Apple’s developer program right after the WWDC keynote update on June 7, and Apple released the public beta on July 11, 2022.
Initially, Apple officially announced that siOS 16 and iPadOS 16 would be released in “the fall” of 2022, without specifying a precise date. But now, they have already released the schedule of all the beta versions. Thus, it was confirmed that iOS 16 will be available for all users from Monday, September 12.
But, Bloomberg, the developer team of Apple recently announced that there might be some delay with the official date of release of ipadOS 16. However, the release date of iOS 16 on the iPhone will remain the same. Breaking the silence, Apple accepted the inconvenience caused by their developer. They further announced that iPadOS 16 will indeed be launched sometime in October, some weeks after iOS 16.
iOS 16: Beta release schedule
The first among the list of iOS 16 was launched on the same day of the announcement at WWDC, on June 6, 2022. But, the beta testers will be out on further notice as announced earlier. However, it was announced that in the coming week, we’ll unveil a series of Developer and Public betas that entice us closer and closer to the final launch date of iOS 16.
Here are the date of release of the series wise release of the Beta version;
- June 6, 2022: iOS 16 is unveiled at WWDC
- June 6: iOS 16 Developer beta 1 is released to registered developers
- June 22: Developer beta 2
- July 6: Developer beta 3
- July 11: Public beta 1
- July 27: Developer beta 4
- July 28: Public beta 2
- August 8: Developer beta 5
- August 9: Public beta 3
- August 15: Developer beta 6
- August 15: Public beta 4
- August 23: Developer beta 7
- August 25: Public beta 5
- August 29: Public beta 6
How to install the iOS 16 betas on supported devices?
If you have your own iPhone, you might be running the iOS 15 and you definitely want to give a try to its upcoming version.
All you need while downloading iOS 16 beta is around 5GB of data.
Here are the step through which you can download the latest updates:
- Open Safari browser on iPhone and search the link given: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram.
- Next, sign up with yoh Apple ID.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the ‘Enroll your iOS device’ option.
- You may notice a pop-up that will ask if you want to download the latest iOS version to your iPhone or not.
- Accept the pop-up window to go either.
- Now, go to the Settings app and click on ‘Profile Downloaded’ below your Apple ID.
- Then, click on Install to install the iOS 16 beta profile on your iPhone.
- Again, click on the Agree option on the pop-up to Agree and your phone will restart.
- Once restarted, head to the Settings app again. Go to General and then Software Update.
- It will show you the iOS 16 beta option. Tap on Download and Install, and wait for the update to download.
- Once downloaded, it will ask to Install the latest package. Tap on Install and the latest version of iOS 16 beta will be updated on your iPhone.
iOS 16 Compatibility; iOS 16 for Apple iPhones: List of Compatible iPhones
You might be thinking that you are the one eligible to get iOS 16 updates on your iPhones and iPad? Apple recently confirmed with a proper notice that iPhones above the 8th generation will be eligible for iOS 16 updates.
Surprisingly, Apple has scrapped the iPhone 7 series appliances from its iOS update list, which should have gotten it as per the company’s six-year software support policy. That said, here’s the list of entrenched iPhones that will accept the next iOS update.
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
All the New Features of iOS 16
Apple has launched tons of features in its iOS 16 upgrade. It doesn’t change everything about your iPhone, but it’s filled with fun new features that will make it feel fresh this fall:
- Lock Screen
- Battery percentage indicator
- Haptic keyboard
- Live Text and Visual Look Up
- Apple Pay
- iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Safety Check
- Miscellaneous changes and new features
These are the apexes of iOS 16’s current features fix, but there are some further small tweaks that you’ll gradually unveil after putting in the OS in your device. Some will barely brush your day-to-day experience, while some of them will clench overlooked implications.
An alteration in the direction firmware evidence is illustrated, for example, may enable manual AirPods updates, which you didn’t notice earlier. Some of the additional features is the proficiency to assess your appliance and statement in the background, without any necessity to trade with CAPTCHAs.
For extra updates we’ve collected the minor features and modifications that will create a big discrepancy in how you use your iPhone. If you’d like a wider analysis of the new abilities arriving to your iPhone this year, comment down below.