Lamar Demeatrice Jackson Jr. Was born on January 7, 1997. He is an American soccer quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). Lamar used to play football at Louisville since he was in college. During his college, he won various inter-college and state-level tournaments including Heisman Trophy. Jackson then came into the eyes of selectors of the NFL, he was then chosen by Raven as the final first-round pick of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Call it the blessings in disguise for Jackson or bad luck for Flacco, Lamar became the Ravens’ primary quarterback in his debut rookie season after a major injury to Joe Flacco. This incident led to this rookie becoming the youngest NFL quarterback to start a playoff game at age 21.
Just a year after, Jackson set the league record for quarterback rushing yards in that particular season. This in turn led the league in touchdown passes while giving rise to the Ravens to the prime root of the American Football Conference (AFC).
For his outstanding accomplishment, Lamar was awarded the second undisputed Most Valuable Player (MVP). He was awarded the fourth African-American quarterback to win the award.
Jackson followed up his MVP principle by evolving as the first quarterback to bring into the world multiple 1,000 yards rushing seasons. Thus, single-handedly leading the Ravens to a third successive playoff impression.
Lamar Jackson Bio
|Real/Full Name||Lamar Demeatrice Jackson Jr.|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1997|
|Age||25 years old|
|Birthplace||Pompano Beach, Florida|
|Wife Name||Not Known|
|Lamar Jackson Family|
|Parents||Father: Lamar Jackson Sr.
Mother: Felicia Jones
|Education & Qualification|
|School||Boynton Beach Community|
|Source Of Income||football player|
|Net Worth, Salary||$9 million|
Lamar Jackson Height, Weight & Body Stats
|Height||In Feet Inches: 6′ 2″
Meters: 1.88 m
In Centimetres: 188 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms: 96 kg
In Pounds: 212 lbs
What is Lamar Jackson’s contract?
Recently, Jackson became the fifth and final year of his draftee contract. He signed a four-year contract with the Ravens at the huge sum of $9.47 million. The rookie earned the contract after being chosen 32nd overall by Baltimore in the 2018 NFL Draft.
As per the contract, Jackson’s menial salary increased from $1.77 million last season to $23.02 million. Glazed, the manager of Ravens added that he believes the 2019 MVP, who is exemplifying himself in negotiations, needs a fully-fledged deal and doesn’t detect the Ravens earning that sort of offer.
The manager added “It’s a really big uphill battle here and the reason why is because Lamar Jackson, he’s representing himself, and it’s so hard when you have to go up there and try to negotiate, and for them to tell you why you’re not worth a certain type of contract. But they’ve already offered him more than Kyler Murray got,” Glazer said. “But the Deshaun Watson deal kind of throws things out of whack here, cause I’m sure [Jackson] wants a fully-guaranteed contract. I don’t see [the Ravens] wanting to do that.”
Initially, Jackson was technically slated to serve as an independent free agent the following offseason, the Ravens would have the ability to franchise tag him if the two sides don’t reach a long-term deal by then. Over the Cap projects the franchise tag for a QB in 2023 to be worth $31.5 million.
Which NFL quarterbacks make the most money as compared to Lamar Jackson?
There are very few players who make more money than Lamar Jackson. Here’s a look at the top five quarterbacks based on average annual salary, per Over the Cap.
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers: $50.3 million (In the contract of 3 years, he makes $150.8 million contract)
- Kyler Murray, Cardinals: $46.1 million (with the deal for 5-year, he made a $230.5 million contract)
- Deshaun Watson, Browns: $46 million (For a deal of 5-year, Watson signed it for a $230 million contract)
- Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs: $45 million (For a deal of 10 years, Mahomes signed the contract for $450 million contract)
- Josh Allen, Bills: $43 million (For a deal of 6 years, Allen signed the $258 million contract)
Lamar Jackson Twitter, Facebook and all Social Media Accounts Links
- Lamar Jackson Instagram
- Lamar Jackson Twitter
- Lamar Jackson Facebook
- Lamar Jackson YouTube
- Lamar Jackson Wikipedia
- Lamar Jackson Linkedin
Lamar Jackson Family & Relatives
Father: Lamar Jackson Sr.
Mother: Felicia Jones
Marital Status: Dating
Lamar Jackson is Currently dating:
Lamar Jackson Favorites
Hobbies: Video games, Painting, Hiking
Favourite Food: Chicken Rice
The Favourite Destination: United Kingdom
Favourite Colors: Brown, Black
Lamar Jackson Family
Jackson was born in America and he has quite a well-connected family. He stays in Maryland with his siblings and mother. At a very young age, he lost his father. Jackson was a very loving and cheerful kinda guy and has been in a relationship with college sweetheart Jamie Taylor since 2017.
Lamar Jackson Net Worth 2022
As of 2022, Jackson has a figured net worth of $4 million. He accepted a rookie contract of 9.47 million and signed for the Ravens, however, a new four-year contract is supposedly safeguarding him with an annual fee of 2.3 million dollars. His agreement is worth 9.7 million dollars and is expected to be raised to around $32.7 million by 2023.
Lamar Jackson NFL Awards
Lamar has tons of achievements accomplishments in his soccer career. He won multiple awards including
- NFL Most Valuable Player of 2019
- He was awarded the Bert Bell Award in 2019
- Lamar has 8 times title of AFC Offensive Player of the Week in 2019 including Week 1, Week 9, Week 10, Week 12, Week 15 and in 2020: including Week 1, Week 14 also in 2021 in Week 5.
- He won the AFC Offensive Player of the Month two times in December 2018 and November 2019.
- He won NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month December in 2018.
- Lamar won FedEx Air Player of the Year in 2019
- He won the Kansas City Committee of 101 awards AFC Offensive Player of the Year in 2019
- He won the title in Pro Bowl
- Lamar was titled Pro Bowl Offensive MVP in 2019
- Jackson won the first-team All-Pro in 2019.
- Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year (2019)
- NFL Top 100 rankings: #1 (2020), #24 (2021), #36 (2022)
Lamar Jackson’s NFL records
Here are some of the NFL records:
- He holds the record of the first quarterback with multiple 1,000-yard rushing seasons in both 2019 and 2020.
- Lamar is the first player to finish with 400 yards passing, the first player to score four touchdown passes, and the first player with no interceptions and 50 yards rushing in a game.
- Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a season: 1,206 (2019)
- Most rushing attempts by a quarterback in a season: 159 (2019)
- Lamar has the record of the most regular season 100+ rushing yards games by a quarterback: 5 in 2019
- He holds Most career 75+ rushing yard games by a quarterback: 22
- He holds the most career 100+ rushing yards games by a quarterback: 10 (tied with Michael Vick)
- He has the record of the most perfect passer grades in a season (tied with Ben Roethlisberger): 2 in 2019
That’s all the information that we have at the moment. If you guys liked the article and found it informative, please leave a comment down below. Also, don’t forget to bookmark this page for all the latest news and updates. We post daily content here. Stay tuned! Cheers!